Monday, October 17, 2016
3D Class Working in a Game Engine With Final Prop
This week was a lighter week, which was great because I spent all weekend at Orlando IX exhibiting a game from my undergrad final workshop. This week we spent our time exporting textures out of Substance Painter and bringing them into Unreal to set up a final material. I was relatively comfortable with this process again, as I've exported out of SP before and set up materials in Unreal. I did learn that you can pack your AO, Roughness, and Metallic textures together into one map within SP. For previous projects I brought the three into Photoshop and did it by hand. Just another step to automate and cut out and speed up my workflow. This assignment took just under 2 hours, including watching the video.