Thursday, February 23, 2017

Sculpt Off 2 - Creatures

Today when we got to 3D class, we were told we'd be having another sculpt off. This time we were given 1 hour to sculpt a creature bust, starting from Nick's generic human bust. I'm no aspiring character artist, but my goal was to give the character artists a run for their money, should the sculpt of be judged on like last time. The last sculpt off went really well for me, but I had a week to prepare and practice what I was going to do, as well as the fact that we had 1.5 hours. Today I wasted no time in picking a reference from which to sculpt from. We were told that we could create from a concept or already existing design, so I decided to make Jar Jar Binks from the Star Wars prequels. I initially wanted to do something else, but after randomly scrolling by an image of Jar Jar, I couldn't get the idea out of my head and decided to go for it.

After 1 hour, here are my results...

1 comment: