Monday, November 28, 2016

3D Class Week 14 Creating An Environment Part 02 (Landscape Tool and Custom Rock Set)

This week's assignment was to take the tileable textures from last week and create a textured landscape. We were allowed to use other textures from the rest of the class to supplement out own library as well. Along with the landscape, we were tasked with making a set of 3 unique rocks to populate our environment with. Starting in Zbrush, we sculpted the rocks and then textured them in Substance Painter. For my rocks, I textured the large one using entirely generators and materials and then swapped the mesh and re-baked textures to keep consistency between my rocks. Values were tweaked, but the overall setup was the same. For my landscape, I used my leafy ground texture in conjunction with Francisco's dirt textures for the majority of the area. In lower parts of the landscape, I used Matt T's sand texture to make a desert. Flowing through my level is the brick road geometry and textures that I created last week running along a spline. The landscape clips through the geometry to make the road look older and unkempt. I also used vertex painting on some of the rocks in the sand to help it look like the wind had blown sand onto the rocks over time. This assignment took me about 8 hours.













1 comment: