Monday, November 14, 2016

3D Class Week 12 Creating A Medium Complexity Character Part 03 Texturing

This week was our final week working on our starfish characters. We took our sculpts from last week and low poly models from the week before and united them this week. Before getting to that, I did take a good bit of time to touch up my sculpt to make it read better based on feedback. After fitting the model to the high poly sculpt to have the geometry fit better, I baked my maps in Substance Painter and textured my assets. I went for a more gritty look on my starfish. One that looks like he's out in the sun a lot swashbuckling on the seven seas. After texturing in Substance Painter, I brought all of my assets to their final resting place: Unreal. I also tossed them into Marmoset for the 3D viewer. This leg of the assignment too me about 11 hours to complete.












1 comment:

  1. Very nice work all around! Work on resolving your eye shapes with your paint job. Work on resolving your eye shapes with your topology.

    ReplyDelete