Saturday, September 24, 2016

3D Class Week 05 Modeling A Prop

Moving past the Lego project, this week we started modeling a cannon mesh based on a concept we received in class. This assignment was actually simpler than the Lego bricks I had chosen to model, so it didn't take very long. I finished the whole assignment, saving off reference images, modeling, sending to UE4, taking screenshots, and making this post in a little over 1.5 hours. The modeling of the cannon only took 40 minutes, however. I was quite proud of my time, as a large focus of mine currently is pushing myself to work faster and be more efficient. I'm excited to continue working on this cannon to see what I can make in the end.

My final polycount on the cannon was 948 tris.











1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the model and presentation. Protective flaps thickness feels a bit too thin.

    ReplyDelete